What sufferings do the marginalized / minority groups experience?
Marginalized or minority groups suffer mainly from discrimination, be it social, economical, infringement of rights etc. ( exclusion from government services, programs and policies ). Material deprivation ( such as food, shelter ) is another common cause of suffering. Ensuing poverty, psycho emotional damage and its resulting deceases, often result, in catastrophic damage to lives, health and psychiatry.
How does one get out of this “slavery” ?
The answer is “struggle”. However, before you start the struggle, challenging the authorities, the community has to first of all have an accurate assessment of who they are and where they are, and where they want to be.
- They have to have full trust of themselves
- They have to believe that all nations, and for that matter, all communities are made up of people of diverse background; putting these diversities to use will help uplift the community.
- Each one must learn to respect the strength of their diversity.
- And that for a community the power lies not in its numbers, but in the diverse skills and resources of its members.
- There are elements to which we must adhere to succeed as a community :
- .Always be united, unity is crucial to delivering a clear message to your opponent ( authorities concerned )
- Maintain your identity as a people and be proud of your culture.
- Engage constructively with authorities without resorting to militancy, as militancy only begets militancy.
- Use existing law to deliberate your issues.
- In extreme cases, internationalize your issues. Use international organizations to apply pressure on your government.
Lastly, but not the least, after fulfilling all the above, then go ahead and start your challenge!
[contact-form-7 id=”452″ title=”Contact form 1″]